Awesome by August: Day two
This morning I decided myself again and surprisingly I was bang on 79 kg which is 2 kg lighter than the previous evening’s weigh in. I was either over-hydrated when I weighed in before or I was a little dyhydrated today. This definitely highlights the point that you need to try to keep conditions that same during weigh ins i.e. first thing in the morning.
Last Sunday I ran the full potteries marathon so any exercises that I do will hopefully NOT hinder the recovery. I have consulted with a marathon runner and coach on the recovery. In this recovery period you are more likely to damage yourself than any fitness benefits. Also, a complete recovery of a marathon will take a minimum of 3 weeks so I not serious running for me for a while. Instead I am going to focus on doing a bit of cross fit training such as swimming and exercise biking. This exercise is purely for mental state rather than any physical fitness gains.
- ½ bowl of muesli with skimmed milk
- One of my classic meals: chicken breast with black beans and kale (see picture 1)
- Tesco finest Bean Salad
- Handful of almonds
- Handful of Brazil nuts
- whey protein shake
- Can of pepsi max (I am hoping to completely phase drinks that contain aspartame ASAP)
- 20 mins Kettle-bell exercises on the upper body
- 30 mins of exercise bike set at a low resistance
- 1.5 miles of a v. light jogging (marathon recovery)